- Home •
- Business Breakthroughs: HP Milestones •
- Home Address: Stanford Research Park
Home Address: Stanford Research Park
Stanford Research Park (originally called Stanford Industrial Park) was the brainchild of Bill and Dave’s mentor, Stanford professor Fred Terman, who championed collaboration between university research and commercial R&D. Hewlett-Packard would be one of the park’s first tenants, leasing a 40-acre lot in 1956 — at the time, it was the biggest lot assigned to a single company. Hewlett-Packard opened its first facility at the location in 1957 and moved its headquarters to a new building on the campus in 1960. That building, 1501 Page Mill Road, would be the company’s home base from that point forward.